Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Words - he said, she said...


Woman is the devil!

Nice and slowly. Beauty is a destructive angel. How could anything that looks so good be so bad? In the end, she gets them all. They think they can handle her…

Woman is an angel!

Her beauty brings tears to my eyes...
Her divine feminine opens me to God...

Which one is it?

Hmm hold on now, no one in my life has hurt me more then women have, no one have fucked me up more then women. Well of course they are the devil!

Hmm hold on again but no one has giving me as much pleasure and light as women have. OK then they are Angels.

But my life is so peaceful, calm happy and quite when there are no women in it, and it is wild, chaotic and crazy when I have a woman next to me.

But even in some religions woman is look at as the devil for she is the temptation for lust and desire. I think Adam and Eve fucked it all up for us.

But some ancient cultures respected the feminine greatly. Lau Tzu refers to the feminine as the mother of all things and that we all come from the mother and we all return to her. He says, “The Tao is called the Great Mother”

I am getting so confuse my head is spinning I cannot make up my own mind. What do you think? Are women Evil or Angels? I cannot tell anymore. I must be in my feminine right now, or something. Hold on, give me a minute, let me take few deep breathes… Oh I think I got it. I tell you what it is: It is words themselves. I tell you words are a tricky thing. Words are one-sided! Everything that can be thought in thoughts and expressed in words is one-side, only a half. All such things lack wholeness, fullness and unity. But the world itself, existence all around us and within us, is never one-sided. Never a woman (or man) is entirely wholly evil or wholly angel; never is a person entirely holy or sinful. That only appears to be the case because of the illusion that time is real. That is why great teachers like Buddha or Jesus always have to speak of good and bad, deception and truth, suffering and liberation and so on. As this example of the words of Lau Tzu:

When people see something as beautiful.
other things become ugly.
When people see something as good,
other things become bad.

Being and non-being create each other,
Difficult and easy support each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low depend on each other.
Before and after follow each other.

There for the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she let them go.
She has but does not possess,
acts but does not expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it last forever.
~Lau Tzu
~Tao Te Ching


And yet so far in this post alone I have use over over 400 words. I want you to look at the words and use them as signs pointing you to that pure state of being, the place of original magic. I am not even here I am just guiding you, not teaching you. I will use words to guide us all to go deeper and deeper. I want you to simply observe how different words trigger you and what is your attachment to them. Some words will trigger bad emotions and some will trigger good emotions. All this emotion triggering is happening unconsciously. Those emotions are trigger from the definition that you have to the words. You have no control of those emotions because you are not conscious of your mind. Unconscious assumptions crate emotions in the body, which in turns generate instant reactions. Do your best not to react without being conscious to your reactions. Try your best to observe what reaction is coming up. For example if I tell you that “you are a fucking genius and a handsome mother fucker” or that “you are worthless peace of shit not worth living”. What is happening as you are reading this? Does the first one making you feel really good, may be make you smile a bit, or may be you are having a hard time letting that in? What about the second one? Are you ready to defend yourself and prove me that I am wrong or may be you were feeling down and now you found some comfort in those words thinking something like “see I knew it even he says it.”?

How funny are we people ah? These are just words why do we put so much attachment to them? Anyway just pay attention to your own reaction. The story that is coming up to your head as you are reading the words that I use or say in Podcast or videos. Be like: “hmm there it is this emotion is coming up again I am wanting to defend myself right now.” Or “oops I missed it I just reacted without being aware.” Or anything of that nature. It is quite entertaining when you start observing yourself, so now you can never be bored. You can laugh into tears when you start seeing all the crazy shit you are doing without you even knowing that you are doing it. And the good news is that the act of observing is an act of the self and not of the mind. So the very act of observation is bringing you into presence and not only into presence but into a conscious presence.

For now lets go back to exploring words. Another funny thing about words is that we all have different attachment to words. But somehow and for some weird reason that is not clear to me yet, we assume that the attachment and the meaning that we put to a word is the same one that everyone else puts.

That is why the words of Jesus for example have been interpreted in millions of different ways for the last 2000 years. Every one interprets them the way they find fit for them. Whether there are used for good or bad intentions. Here some more words about that from Meister Eckhart: “Indeed, I tell you the truth, any object you have on your mind, however good, will be a barrier between you and the inmost truth.” He goes on by saying “The just man loves God for nothing…” Of course the same can be said about Buddha, Lau Tzu and everyone else.

I very much hope that you are not here looking for some new theory or some new idea that you can put into use. Matter of fact I am trying to help you get rid of them all. They just get on your way of relating. As I said already everything that can be thought in thoughts and be said in words is one-sided. Every theory out there has to it a totally contrary one to it that is equally true. Some part of the people identify with one and some with the other. See theories and ideas are mind made things, ego made things. The more you are identifying yourself with certain idea or theory the more you are identifying yourself with the ego and less with your essence of your pure being, presence. So please try your very best not to attach yourself to words and the meaning that you (your ego) has put to them. Please, as I said, use the words I give you for guidance, use them like signs. Like a sign that says left or right and you follow them and see where they take you. Listen to the underling field of stillness from out of which the words come, there is a field of stillness that is both within and without. Gaps between the words, a silent space in between the words and simply be aware of that dimension.

Deeper teaching is not and through the words. The deeper teaching lays in the dimension of stillness.
~Eckhart Tolle


Forget everything that you have ever learned about relating or intimacy. Become as a newborn baby as he/she has no ego or attachment to form and has zero problems relating to anyone or anything.

To make this fun lets explore the meaning of the word love for example.
First of all what is the meaning of love for you?
I live in San Francisco with all the new age hippies (just right here did anyone felt offended by the words “new age hippies” or did anyone laugh and thought, “yes I know those”. Are you identifying yourself in someway with those words?) they all use the word love all the time. I also know of people that have used it once or never in his/her lifetime and I am sure the attachment and the value they put to it is a lot different.

Do a bit of research, go to few different dictionaries and find out what they have to say about “the L-word”:

For the Ego love is possessive and addictive clinging that can turn into hate within a sec.

Here is what the bible had to say:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.


Last but not least remember to have fun with words just like Mike Myers did in the “The Love Guru”. Like for him Intimacy is “Into-Me-I-See”

Or

Nowhere is “Now-Here” come on that is creative, funny and very true, simply genius.

Or this one is really funny exploring what Bible stands for:
B - asic
I - nstruction
B - efore
L - eaving
E - arth

Seriously now please DO NOT ever take yourself too seriously.

Here try this exercise for a day and have fun with it:

First of all give the definition of these words (down below) that you have for them. Then find two-three women, I do not care if you know them or not friends, strangers or family and ask what is the definition that they give to these words. Then find out two-three men and ask them what is the definition of these words for them.

We started with “love” so lets find out more definitions of that word.
Love _____________________________________
Intimacy __________________________________
Relationship _______________________________
Happiness _________________________________
Fear ______________________________________
Ego ______________________________________
Good _____________________________________
Bad ______________________________________
Evil ______________________________________

Do, as many words as you can you do not have to do all of them. Feel free to find the meaning of words that you are curious to find the meaning of.

The Tao does not take sides:
It gives birth to both good and evil.
The Master does not take sides;
he welcomes both saints and sinners.

No comments: